Welcome to Sugar City Adventures
The premier Segway Tour operators in the Caribbean and located on the island of St. Kitts, the ideal choice for fun and relaxation.
Our tours are designed to excite, entertain and educate. Book us today and take advantage of any of our tour offerings and have the time of your life.
Approximately 90 minutes tour along Frigate Bay Beach and the surrounding Frigate Bay area.
Our Beach Lime tour is ideal for anyone who enjoys the cool, calm and serenity of the ocean breeze. This tour is approximately 90 minutes in length and begins with a brief training session at Frigate Bay beach.
The tour route is designed to allow patrons to explore the Frigate Bay area, including Marriott Hotel, Royal Beach Hotel and the equisite Royal St. Kitts Golf course. At the climax of the tour, patrons are offered a delicious meal at Patsy's Bar & Grill on Frigate Bay beach and invited to participate in a friendly game of volleyball.
Enjoy breath-taking views of the island as you explore the old sugar lands on this tropical adventure.
Our Sugar Lands tour is ideal for anyone who enjoys the outdoors and has an adventurous spirit. The tour is approximately 2 hours in length and begins with a brief training session at Camps Estate.
The tour route is designed to give patrons a first hand view of some of the old estate ruins, while exploring a portion of the Olivees Mountain. This tour also offers breath-taking, panoramic views of Basseterre and the surrounding areas. At the climax of the tour, patrons are offered light refreshments.
Sugar City Adventures
it is the first and only Segway Tour Operator in the Federation of St. Kitts & Nevis. Our goal is to create an atmosphere of fun, excitement and adventure for both locals and visitors.
The company officially commenced operations in December of 2012 and has already begun to make a very significant contribution to the tourism and entertainment sector of the Federation. Our initial tours will be provided via the use of the Segway PT which is a computerized, self-balancing, two-wheeled transporter.
This vehicle produces zero emissions, which helps to keep our environment clean and healthy. It is the company's desire to offer a service that is second to none in the region and to continuously strive to improve and enhance our service.
- All participants must be 18 yrs or older.
- For your safety, no high heels are allowed on tours.
- Each Segway vehicle has a maximum capacity of 280lbs.
- Q: What is a Segway?
- A: A Segway is a 2-wheeled, self-balancing, battery-powered personal transporter.
- Q: How do I ride a Segway?
- A: Riding a Segway vehicle is a lot easier than you may think. At the beginning of each tour our guides give a brief and comprehensive training session on how to comfortably and safely use a Segway machine.
- Q: What are the tour requirements?
- A: In order to participate in a tour you must meet the age and weight requirements, complete and sign the disclaimer form (riders under the age of 18 must have their disclaimer form signed by an adult), complete the brief training session and wear a helmet at all times while using the Segway machine.
- Q: Are people with disabilities allowed to ride the Segways?
- A: Anyone using the Segway must be able to mount and dismount the machine without the assistance of a walking aid or another person.
- Q: Is there is a dress code?
- A: Comfortable shoes are a must! We recommend closed toe shoes but they are not a necessity.
- Q: What happens if it rains?
- A: We are located in the tropics so there is always the potential for rain. Unfortunately, we cannot use the Segways in heavy downpours. However, in the event of a little rain we do provide raincoats for our patrons. If a tour has to be canceled due to inclement weather, we will gladly reschedule your excursion to a more appropriate time.
- Q: Up to what term in my pregnancy am I allowed to ride?
- A: At SCA safety is always a top priority. Therefore, for obvious reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to ride the machines.
- Q: Can I rent one of the Segways for personal use?
- A: Sorry, but we do not allow the rental of our vehicles for personal use. Our Segways are used only on our guided tours.
- Q: What forms of payment are acceptable?
- A: We accept cash, MasterCard and Visa.
- Q: Am I allowed to tip?
- A: If you so desire.